21 March 2007

Craphone Whorehouse

What can I say? They've done it again! Bollocks in the vice and a smart smack with a hammer. My last phone bill is £163. Okay, I talk a lot, I'm busy and important and live a high profile life. However, I'm on a new deal and I expected my bill to be £35. I used the call timer to check my minutes. I checked the amount of text messages, I didn't phone international, so what happened?

Well, this is what happened. I 'upgraded' as they call it on the 6th February. I have a new phone (which is not as good as my old phone, but that is another story). I was given a new SIM card so that I could video call (I still can't - but that is another story).

I used the phone as you would - like a normal phone. And the… huge phone bill. I upgraded with the customer 'loyalty' department. I was promised the new phone with no obligation for fourteen days. I was promised a copy of the contract by email and by letter. I have the phone, but i do not have a copy of the contract over a month later. I have telephoned them, I have emailed them and last week I was promised a phone call from a manager with an explanation of what is going on. The phone call has not materialised. I should've known better to be honest, they have never, ever returned a phone call. In this instance, they didn't even send me an invoice prior to raiding my bank account, they just swioed the money!

According to the representative that I spoke to, who only very, very reluctantly gave his name, I was on the new contract from the 6th of February, but it didn't start for another few weeks. This means that instead of making calls on my new tariff of a million 'free' minutes, that I was paying full whack for each and every call I made.

Also, I was promised free 0800 calls. These are free from a UK landline anyway, but mobile companies charge for them. I attempted to make an 0800 call and discovered that they are not free at all, but come off my minutes allowance. The loyalty department representative and a person in my local store both told me these calls were free.

I have written my third letter to them and I will let you know what they say if they ever bother to reply.

Craphone Whorehouse are the most deceitful, mealy minded company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with, I cannot recommend them enough.

No comments: