7 March 2007

Miss Something?

After the Duke of Uke show, I head home. Feeling a little hungry and having no food at home, I reluctantly venture into the local kebab shop. They are nearly closed and have nothing to eat. There is a drunk girl sitting at the back table barking at me. I think she is saying "Get chips and salad!". It seems like good advice, but they are mopping the floor and the bleach smell quells any appetite I have.
This girl, dripping lettuce, sauce and strips of meat from her mouth whilst speaking has a certain charm about her. We talk and it turned out she was a long way from home. When the smell of bleach becomes too overpowering for both of us, we walk back to mine and talked. The kebab girl, who is really named Stephanie, has been to see here friend's band, called The Horrors play. The Horrors seem to be in The Beano* rather a lot lately, but I haven't heard them yet. Stephanie tries to describe them to me, but we are walking fast and she is drunk and has the hiccups.

Well, I know what you are all thinking. However, Stephanie and I have a nice glass of wine together before I put her in a taxi home.

Stephanie writes beautifully and has some fun songs at:

www.myspace.com/stephaniesomething

*The NME

No comments: